Quest User Documentation¶
The Quest component of Axom provides several spatial operations and queries
- Read a surface mesh from an STL file
- Check for some common mesh errors; deduplicate vertices
- vertex welding: merge vertices closer than a specified distance “epsilon”
- find self-intersections and degenerate triangles in a surface mesh
- watertightness test: is a surface mesh a watertight manifold?
- Point queries
- Surface mesh point queries in C or in C++
- in/out query: is a point inside or outside a surface mesh?
- signed distance query: find the minimum distance from a query point to a surface mesh
- Point in cell query: for a query point, find the cell of the mesh that holds the point and the point’s isoparametric coordinates within that cell
- All nearest neighbors: given a list of point locations and regions, find all neighbors of each point in a different region