A Sidre DataStore object provides the main access point for Sidre contents, including the data managed by Sidre. In particular, a DataStore maintains the group at the root of the Sidre group hierarchy, a collection of Buffer objects, and a collection of Attribute objects. Generally, the first thing a Sidre user does is create a DataStore; this operation also creates the root group. Apart from providing access to the root group, a DataStore object provides methods to interact with Buffer and Attribute objects.
Buffer and Attribute objects can only be created and destroyed using DataStore methods noted below. Their constructors and destructors are private.
DataStore methods for Buffers support the following operations:
- Create, destroy, and allocate data in Buffer objects
- Query the number of Buffers that exist
- Query whether a Buffer exists with given id
- Retrieve Buffer with given id
- Iterate over the set of Buffers in a DataStore
Please see Buffer for more information about using Buffer objects.
DataStore methods for Attributes support the following operations:
- Create and destroy Attributes
- Query the number of Attributes that exist
- Query whether an Attribute exists with given name or id
- Retrieve Attribute with given name or id
- Iterate over the set of Attributes in a DataStore
Please see Attribute for more information about using Attribute objects.